Sunday, March 12, 2023

Pepsi Zero Sugar "New and Improved Taste" Soft Drink Review

Pepsi has nicked and tucked their "Max" cola more times than I can count without using my fingers and toes, and yet here we are again. The can claims we have a "new and improved taste," but says who? Visually, it is the same old black background with starkly contrasting text, but done is that aforesaid "Max" branding. That is not all that is gone, but wow I am getting ahead of myself.

The flavor is classic cola taste, heavy on the vanilla and spice, with a gentler citrus exposition. They make for a familiar if derivative time on the tongue, not terribly "good" but not an issue if you are hoping to polish off that twelve pack you bought. Aspartame and ace-k sweeten the pot, so to say, doing a decent job at tasting like sugar without really fooling you into believing we have actual carbohydrates involved. As I did not have a can of their previous version for comparison, nothing here disrupted my memory of what this is supposed to taste like, except for one area: carbonation. It is far less harsh than I can recall, my mouth still flooded with tiny little bubbles but instead punching your palate, they gingerly tap it. A fine but unnecessary remake.

But if there was one area where the brand fails me, it is with the ingredients. The original version(s) had an almost energy drink level of caffeine, with sixty nine milligrams per twelve ounces. Now? We have a pathetic thirty eight, which only dilutes the purpose of this product vs regular Diet Pepsi. What is the point here? A potent potable masquerading as a soda was niche yeah, or at least I assume so, but what reason does this have existing? Overall, Pepsi Zero Sugar "New and Improved Taste" is nothing new and arguably unimproved.

company site

No comments: